Tuesday 2 October 2012

Bring on the Brrr Months

They start with Septembrrrr and go on to Decembrrrr.  Of course, it was still summer at the beginning of the month, and the weather behaved accordingly, but by now we've needed to layer up a bit more as we work our outside displays at St. Lawrence Market.  Change of clothes, change of merchandise, change of displays.   Change change change.  The only constant.

It's been a spotty month for attendance for me.  The weather has kept me away twice in September, but last Saturday was really nice.  Sunny, mostly, temperate, and dry!  I hope it continues like this for Octobrrrr, because for the first time I will continue my Market Saturdays until the end of the month.  After that, the tents come down, and my spot goes away.  Sigh...  I wish they'd stay up until the holiday season is over..

My fall hats made their first appearance, and were kindly received by the Market visitors.  One was Dianne, who bought my personal favourite fascinator from me last June.  (This one.)


She needed it to wear to the Queen's Plate.  I asked her for a photo of herself wearing it at the grand event, and she came by to show one to me.  Too shy to let me share it with you, but I'm tickled that she took the time to let me see it.  It's the first time that I know of that anyone's worn something I've made to such an illustrious hatty occasion, so I was dead keen to see it deployed.  And, of course, Dianne looked lovely in it, and, more importantly, looked like she was having a great time.

On with the show....

Salome modeling a felt chapeau that goes with her ensemble du jour.  And her awesome necklace from her new Rock n' Roll line.  (See that big black button in the middle?  She lurrrrves it.)

The giveaway du jour was this yellow bag promoting Canarydistrict.com.  I love me some free bags!  And I love me some yellow!  And I am very sorry I never went to the Canary Restaurant, a funky old diner, after which the district is named.  It closed some years ago.


The lovely Yvonne  in her new equestrian cap, in which she looks very swell.  Her friend Shirley brought her by my table.  Shirley bought a similar cap earlier in the season, and she's a warm, jolly soul that warms the cockle of my heart.  It's a tonic to see her, and so flattering to have her bring her dear friend, Yvonne.  I'm beholden to both of you ladies!

Shirley, from last August.

Busker, taken last August.  He was here again last Saturday, and sings in French and English, and plays recorder as well as guitar.  His music is charming, and so is he.  (Must get his name sometime so I can give him full props.)
Jessica chose this raffia braid band, and I supported her in her decision.

Catherine, in one of the two caps she bought.  But will she wear them to church?  That's the big question.
Zoya, playing dress-up.  We learned that you can slip a hairband through the bobby pin loops and have another option for how to keep it on.  Dress-up can be educational.  I always suspected as much.
A face only a mother could love.  And me.  She is a very sweet pooch whose name I did not get.  Bad me.  No biscuit.
And finally, Salome's daughter, the awesome Ms. Adrian, rocking her Halloween bonnet..  No, I did not make it for her.  I dared her to wear it that night to Nuit Blanche, but she declined.  Chicken.

Her T-shirt days "gangster-ish."


No comments :

Post a Comment