Friday 26 October 2012

Apple Day

Yesterday was the day Scouts and their ilk sold apples to the St. Lawrence Market crowds, wherever they were.  They sure weren't hanging around the craft vendors.  I can't blame them.  It was cold and gloomy and threatening rain all day, before it really did mid-afternoon.  It was the post-Thanksgiving slump.  Also, the  traffic barricades were beginning to be put up for Sunday's Toronto Waterfront Marathon, which makes traffic stay away before it really has to.

Speaking of which, we saw the runner who is over 100 years old go by!  Fauja Singh, the Turbaned Tornado!  I guess he was getting in some last-minute training.  If that isn't inspiring, I don't know what is.

The farmers inside the north market seemed to be as busy as usual, so that was good.  Smart shoppers stuck to the indoors.

We craft vendors spent a lot of time visiting each other, commiserating and blowing on our fingers.  Did I mention it was cold?

Very quiet sales day.  Many vendors stayed home, which was a wise move.

I'm still glad I went, though.  It's still a high point of the week to see our friends and see what kind of reaction new creations get, from them and from visitors.  Very helpful.

My friend Janet came by, too!  I hadn't seen her in quite some time, and that was probably at the Market, too, when she said admiringly "Cool gig!"   A person of keen discernment.  She also has one of my hats, so she is also a person of taste.  (!)

And if I had stayed home, I wouldn't have met the nice people who came by my table and who don't live in Toronto.

Like Dianne, who liked my new tucked toque in creamy brocades so much that she decided to take it to live with her in New Jersey.  Just the thing to go with everything, especially this lovely lace jacket.  Thanks, Dianne!
 And Izzy, the almost five months old poodle/bichon mix, who was absolutely irresistible, as Salome's face will attest.  So friendly!  I had my own special moment with him too, I'm happy to report.
Did I mention it was a quiet day?  The park is practically a bowling alley.
Parker!  A very sweet, very trembly Yorkie.
With his "mom", Dana, and her new felt circles band.  I transferred the discs to a band to blend in with her hair.  I aim to please.

That's Roberto in the background in the grey felt I made him earlier this year.

Just after this it started to rain, which was a clear sign from the universe to pack it in already, go home and eat tomato soup.  So we did.

Thank you to all the brave souls who made it as far as my table Saturday!  I appreciate it very much.  Let's hope next Saturday's weather  is much better.

No comments :

Post a Comment