Tuesday 6 August 2013

Late July and August Beginnings

July 20 at St. Lawrence Market was a bit of a snooze, despite the beautiful weather. But that's okay. I always enjoy the social aspect of just being amidst my fellow vendor buddies, shopping the farmers' market, eating pizza for lunch, etc.

Not many visitors wanted their pictures taken. Here is the exception, the ever so photogenic Pam, in her new wide-brimmed linen chapeau, that's off to live Stateside:


A group of youths amused themselves by trying to time the fountain's jet and leaping over it without getting soaked:


I amused myself by taking photos of doggies:



And then I went home. The end.

Fast forward to..... August 3

Much better! Very pleasant weather, just right, and a festive, long weekend vibe all around. Lots of visitors, almost all camera-shy. Thank you, anyway, Eleanor, Helga, Nancy, Kristine, and Ann.

Salome was back from her lakeside sojourn, so it was good to catch up with her. A returning customer ordered two new bespoke hats and made me the most astonishing offer I can't tell you about until it comes true. Possibilities are percolating and it's very exciting. I will talk about them when and if they actualize.

But for now, here are some photo souvenirs:


Barbara is the newest purchaser of a seagrass cap. Cool, comfortable, casual.


Jill was promoting Segway tours at the Distillery district, and giving 50% off coupons. And a good thing it was, too: those tours normally cost $40 for half an hour. Yoiks!

I have a longstanding longing to try a Segway. But not at that price.


Maggie! I'm a sucker for Westies. Maggie was not named after the dog in the commercial, thank you very much.


Happy, wet bulldog.


A schnauzer with an underbite. How adorable is that?




No comments :

Post a Comment