Friday 27 November 2015

Sarah's Wedding

Sarah and Tristan had set the date! The plans for their intimate bistro wedding were underway.

Sarah found me through a web search looking for fascinators, as so many of my clients do. She gave me several weeks' lead time, which is ideal, and very much appreciated.

Her hair was short, and the fascinator was going to play the part of her 'do. I got a sense of Sarah's taste before we met, so our time together was spent playing with elements she knew she liked. Together we concocted a combination of rose, filigree, leaves and feathers that was uniquely hers. "This is way more fun than choosing my wedding dress," she shared. What a great thing to hear!



Millinery decisions made, Sarah could turn her attention back to the other preparations for her wedding. I went shopping, then got down to work.

I chose three different shades of peau de soie in blush tones to give her rose focal point subtle depth and nuance. Crystals and beads added the bling.


Sinamay elements and feathers contributed rhythm, movement and texture. It was working for me! But Sarah's opinion was the one that counts. Thus the nail-biting wait for the verdict began.


She liked it! The milliner exhaled. A teeny tweak and it was done. Sarah came to collect her fascinator and make sure she could clip it in. Indeed she could! Another millinery exhalation.

Sarah told me she loved the process of working with me on the most "bridal" element of her contemporary wedding look. She kindly promised photos to share with you (all wedding photos by Connie Tsang), and she was as good as her word. Thanks so much, Sarah! It's been a pleasure!










5 comments :

  1. How beautiful! I live how it curves around the top of her head. The rose is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for all your beautiful work on my fascinator! It was a great experience and I will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete